- Crop Spraying
- Herbicide Application
- Fungicide Application
- Insecticide Application
- Frost Flying
- Forestry Spraying
- Forest Fire Support
- Wildlife Management
- Aerial Photography
- Aerial Surveying
- Aerial Mapping
- Aerial Construction
- Aerial Inspection
- Sight Seeing
Advantages of Helicopter Crop Spraying:
- Better coverage.
- No trampling of crops.
- Advanced GPS technology for accuracy and precision.
- The down wash from the rotor blade pushes the product deep into the canopy.
- The tip vertices that come off the rotor blades allow for product distribution to the underside of the leaves (especially important with insecticides, aphids in particular).
- The cost is incredibly comparable to ground spraying when you factor in the absence of damaged crops.
- No ruts are made in the fields (which can occur with ground sprayers).
- Longer window of application due to the absence of height restrictions (which is an issue with ground sprayers).
- Fast application ( up to 200 acers per hour).
Why Choose Apex Helicopters?
- Apex Helicopters Inc is the only helicopter company in Ontario that is 100% dedicated to agricultural spraying and crop protection.
Customer service that won't be beat.
We can be at your job site in minutes.
We operate one of the industry's most reliable helicopters, making breakdowns less of an issue.
Last, but not least, our price is fair and affordable!
Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Aircraft and Specifications:
We operate one of the industry's most cost efficient and reliable helicopters, the Robinson R-44. This enables us to save money on operating costs - savings which we in turn pass on to our customers.
Propulsion 6 cylinder piston engine
Power 221 hp
Speed 209 km or 130 mph
Service Ceiling 14000 feet
Range 644 km or 400 miles
Empty Weight 1400 lbs
Max Takeoff Weight 2400 lbs
Hight 10.8 feet
Rotor Diameter 33 feet
On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.